Advice on dealing with Sprint

Henry Kilmer hank at rem.com
Thu Sep 26 16:15:43 UTC 1996

Jon Green writes:
>That brings up an interesting question.  I've been told now that I can
>in fact connect to Sprint, but am I going to be able to do BGP4 peering?
>The connection would be pretty worthless without that, as I have several
>networks I need to announce, and expect to get a full routing table back
>from Sprint.  What is Sprint's official policy on this?

You will be able to do BGP peering with Sprint.  Sprint will not be
able to help you setup your peering (on your side) if you do not have
a Cisco router.  The best Sprint can do to help you with your
configuration is say "you should be able to do X somehow".  As you
stated in your email, you know how to configure your box so this is
not an issue.

-Hank Kilmer
Mgr Sprint IP OPs Engineering