Advice on dealing with Sprint

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Thu Sep 26 12:52:40 UTC 1996

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Rob Liebschutz wrote:

> I spoke to a sprint salesperson about 2 weeks ago and was told that I
> could not get any kind of BGP4 peering with Sprint unless I had a
> Cisco 7000 series router.

I had a sprint T1 a long time ago and we just had a P133 with Emerging
Tech T1 cards. We were doing BGP4 with them and MCI and had to go with the
P133 PC router because we ran out of RAM on the 4500s and did not have the
cash then for a 7000. We did have that same problem, sprint said that if
we changed to a PC router they would terminate our connection. So I had to
setup peering on the cisco then at night swap in my PC. It was able to do
cisco HDLC so it worked out and I setup the router so that when you
telneted to it it looked like a cisco.

I think that most of this is a sales person problem, because not many tech
people cared if I was using a cisco or a toaster, as long as I managed it.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34