FDDI concentrator w/DC power

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Tue Sep 24 01:49:32 UTC 1996

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Steve Feldman wrote:

> The FDDI concentrators at MAE East (along with all the other AC-powered
> infrastructure equipment) are powered by a UPS with at least 5 hours of
> battery power.  In addition, all customer equipment co-located at the
> 1919 Gallows P-1 MAE facility is powered by the UPS.
>
> Here's a note from the facilities manager for MAE East on the subject of
> power:
> ---------------------
>     MAE East at 1919 Gallows Road P-1 level is configured as follows:
>
>     - four (4) two hundred amp Lorain rectifiers.
>     - three (3) 1600 amp battery stacks.
>     - one (1) 30 KVA UPS system.
>     - generator umbilical is installed for use with MFS owned 150 KW
>       mobile generator when required. Generator can be on site within
>       one hour and has sufficient fuel to run for 24 hours.

Wow can you tell us what UPS system you are using? I just got a Liebert 50
KVA for my NAP and it will only stay up for 49 min and that is with the
largest battery system they could sell me. That should cover the 2 min 200
KVA generator start and stabilize time so we should be ok.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales at netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34