advisory attribute in IRR

Mr. Jeremy Hall jhall at rex.isdn.net
Wed Sep 18 06:18:30 UTC 1996

-->
-->In message <199609152255.RAA04030 at rex.isdn.net>, "Mr. Jeremy Hall" writes:
-->> -->
-->> -->Can anyone give me a pointer to information on what the advisory attribute
-->> -->in the IRR does and who pays any attention to that attribute?
-->> -->
-->> -->Thanks.
-->> -->
-->>
-->> [nostats.Reston.mci.net]
-->> route:       198.79.88.0/21
-->> descr:       ISDNET-NET
-->> origin:      AS279
-->> withdrawn:   941122
-->> advisory:    AS690 1:3561
-->> notify:      nacr at sura.net
-->> mnt-by:      SURA
-->> changed:     sherk at sura.net 950517
-->> source:      MCI
-->>
-->> IMHO this means that when telling AS690 about this route to prefer 3561
-->> as an exit point.
-->> Is this correct?
-->
-->
-->It means no one deleted the advisory field after the field's use was
-->depricated in October 1995.
-->
-->Curtis
-->

well since we're into deprecated attributes, what did the comm_list
attribute do? It appears to be gone now from that route, but at one time
it was there and I think I can still dig through some to find it. The
attribute always said, comm_list: comm_NSFNET
              | Jeremy Hall      Network Engineer |
              | ISDN-Net, Inc    Office +1-615-371-1625 |
              | Nashville, TN    and the southeast USA  |
              | jhall at isdn.net   Pager  +1-615-702-0750 |