New Denial of Service Attack on Panix

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Tue Sep 17 02:53:12 UTC 1996

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, David J. Schmidt wrote:

> Has someone come up with instructions on how to do source address
> filtering/verification for different brands of routers?  It would be
> good if someone could put up a web page with complete instructions on
> how to do this.  If this could be done quick enough we could possibly
> get the URL some publicity due to the current Panix attack.

I would certainly publicize such a website. Although I think it would be
best if it was placed at some other site with info that ISP's should see
like perhaps www.ra.net.

So far I've only seen Cisco filters posted. We still need to see
instructions for Livingston IRX, Bay, and Linux/FreeBSD ipfwadm

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049