SYN floods (was: does history repeat itself?)

James D. Butt 'J.D.' jbutt at mwci.net
Sun Sep 15 02:06:35 UTC 1996

> (Whats needed, I think, is a cheap box that just does filtering.  If
> it did it in hardware, it could be very fast (needed for high speed
> lines) and possibly even cheap.

You would still need the software some where in the picture. The
hardware in pretty useless without some type of software. Do you know
something that I don't?

How do you store the filtering paramaters into the hardware? There is
still software in the hardware,,,,

James 'J.D.' Butt                       Voice 319.557.8463
Network Engineer                        pager 319.557.6347
MidWest Communications, Inc.            fax   319.557.9771
241 Main St.                            noc at mwci.net
Dubuque, IA 52001                       jbutt at mwci.net
"I used up all my sick days...   so I'm calling in dead"
"Lets fight against continental drift!"