SYN floods (was: does history repeat itself?)

Neil J. McRae neil at EASYNET.NET
Fri Sep 13 08:13:48 UTC 1996

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:44:10 +0100
 "Alex.Bligh" <amb at xara.net> alleged:

> Don't forget Linux and the various BSD stuff. Quite a few people
> run modems with these as terminal servers. Certainly this
> would be trivial in Linux, from experience.

I think this could be prevented using ipf. I've been working on this
problem on the 4.4BSDlites for a while, it doesn't look like there
is an ideal solution for everyone but I have a few ideas.

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.                        Easynet Group PLC
neil at EASYNET.NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)