does history repeat itself?

Brett D. Watson bwatson at genuity.net
Mon Sep 9 07:15:12 UTC 1996

  i noticed some pretty poor aggregation in some of the most recently
allocated address space tonight:  (advertising as's withheld to
protect the innocent/guilty)

208.201.64.0/21
208.201.73.0
208.201.88.0/21
208.201.97.0
208.201.103.0
208.201.112.0/22
208.218.64.0/20
210.135.160.0/20
210.135.192.0/22
210.135.224.0/20

  this seems especially bad with all the talk of better ways to
allocate and advertise so that we don't waste address space.  i do
note that most of what i call poor aggregation appears to be due to
"dual homing".  are we just doomed to poor aggregation because of
this?

  or maybe i'm just naive in thinking the internic is really cracking
down on small allocations and that providers are really working hard
to aggregate.

-brett