MAE-East still no generator

Jeff Young young at mci.net
Mon Sep 9 01:31:42 UTC 1996

oh, boy.

let's make billions of dollars of battery backed up, dc powered
facilities and force them to install ac backup.  and all in the
name of the all-mighty internet.

telco facilites use dc power because it's the most efficient.
dc powered equipment isn't that hard to come by.  what's the
dc power option on a cisco 75xx?  about $350?

Jeff Young
young at mci.net