MAE-East still no generator

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sun Sep 8 11:29:05 UTC 1996

> > So, what's the fuzz here?
> >
> > (Don't you all use -48Vdc in telco pops?)
> >
> > --Peter
>
> The fuzz is that most people use AC supplies in their CSUs and routers.
> My best guess would be that it's so that they could move those boxes
> out of the telco environement (if needed) and run them on AC.

You can swap the PS in any cisco box, on some models you don't even
need a screw driver.

As someone already pointed out, it takes half the components to do
UPS -48V than UPS 110V/230V.

Where I live the comercial power is more reliable than the small
UPS boxes, so the lesson is, UPS'es has to come in pairs..

--Peter