MAE-East still no generator

Alan Hannan alan at gi.net
Sun Sep 8 05:23:33 UTC 1996

  Howdy,

  As a few folks have pointed out, my less than eloquent
  explanation of why AC is more economic than DC over distance is
  not as accurate as it could be.  I could argue what I meant as
  opposed to what I wrote, but I'd still be a bit off :)

  Regardless, the point still stands that there's nothing inherently
  "modern" about AC as opposed to DC.

  The larger issue is having the appropriate pieces of
  telephony/routing/switching backed up w/ a reliable supply.

  Or mischievous hands moving power cables around :)

  -alan

.........  Matthew Kaufman is rumored to have said:
]
] Original message <199609080429.XAA10713 at westie.gi.net>