customers and web servers and level one naps

Steve Schnell, Sprint Corporation schnell at gsd.sprint.com
Thu Sep 5 21:55:39 UTC 1996

Is the gentleman who originally posed the question talking about the NAPs
awarded by NSF solicication NSF93-52 (of which there are only three), or in
the generic sense (all network access points, including the PAIX).  If you
research the solicitation I don't believe you'll find suggestions of
supporting non-NSP connections or host-based apps other than the RA.

Steve

At 11:07 9.5.96, bmanning at ISI.EDU wrote:

>> What are the positions of Ameritech, sprint, pac bell and MFS on two
>> issues?
>>
>> First having someone at a NAP who is there as a customer of one of the
>> National service providers... and who may or may not engage in cost free
>> peering with any of the other NSPs or even with other isps?
>>
>> Second:  allowing such a customer, or an NSP, to attach web services
>> directly to the FDDI ring at the NAP.
>>
>> PAIX is doing this.  As far as I know the other major interchange provider
>> are not.  I am wondering why.
>>

>        Is PAIX a "major" exchange Gordon?
>

>--
>--bill

   Phone:  1.816.854.2113
   Fax:    1.816.854.2201

   Sprint Pager:  1.888.366.7890, PIN 398.6644

   Text Page via Internet:  3986644 at pagenet.net