Hey, anyone who wanna help improve the net stability?

Gordon Cook cook at netaxs.com
Thu Sep 5 19:04:45 UTC 1996

Avi pointed out:

The swamp is basically the old "Classful" address space.
What Sean did was to say "You can use your old 'Class C's
but I have to stop the table-size growth in *new allocations*".

=========
Then apparently I have misunderstood what the swamp was/is.  I thought it
was just an unaggregated area and didn't understand why.  Is there text
somewhere that explains very clearly the swamp and the policies attached
there to?

Is the swamp then bounded by class c addresses warranted as routable when
they were handed out?  Are you saying then that the defaultless core
routability of class c's from the swamp is, as of now, guaranteed?

Of the class cs from the swamp how many are now being routed at the
defaultless core?  HOW MANY ADDITIONAL CLASS Cs FROM THE SWAMP ARE THERE
FOR WHICH THE OWNERS COULD DEMAND ROUTING?

In other words are these 5,000 new class c's just the beginning? Or are
they, hopefully the end?
=========

Avi writes:

Umm, Gordon, read what Paul said.

He was saying that he suspected that the new /24s are in the swamp.
And even Sprint listens to any /24s from there.

The swamp is basically the old "Classful" address space.
What Sean did was to say "You can use your old 'Class C's
but I have to stop the table-size growth in *new allocations*".

Avi

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://pobox.com/cook/
Internet: cook at cookreport.com             For case study of MercerNet &
TIIAP induced harm to local community  http://pobox.com/cook/mercernet.html