Hey, anyone who wanna help improve the net stability?

Jim Van Baalen vansax at atmnet.net
Thu Sep 5 18:29:31 UTC 1996

This is timely for me. I recently picked up a customer who became duel
homed by virtue of their circuit to me. This customer had been propagating
145 routes via their other provider. With aggregation they only needed to
propagate 34. After having the situation explained, the customer was open
to fixing their config. Providers should, better than anyone else, understand
the benefits of minimizing the size of the global routing table. We could
substantially reduce its size by just educating/policing our customers.

Jim