Tennessee Circuit Charges

Derek Elder djelder at accessus.net
Wed Oct 30 23:55:37 UTC 1996

As I am fairly new to this list, please feel free to flame me at will if
this is off-topic, not of interest, or being heavily discussed elsewhere.

Are any of you running into instances such as we are in Tennesee where the
state it imposing an 'ISP Tax" that we are to pay?  They are even claiming
that that tax is retroactive to 1994...it also appears that the state
legislature is considering a tarrif amendment allowing BellSouth to charge
more than $1.00/hour surcharge for data calls.

I know that many of you have already or are currently fighting PUC battles
and I would appreciate any insight on the subject.  I will now take this
offline and would appreciate any responses via private email (unless
everyone is interested).