AGIS/DIGEX

Alan Hannan alan at mindvision.com
Wed Oct 30 14:26:58 UTC 1996

  Neil,

  You are assuming that the goal of all internet service providers
  is to have the best connectivity possible, without respect for
  cost, administrative overhead, or market strategy.

  If X is really really big, and Y is really really small, then
  perhaps it would benefit X to have Y as a paying customer instead
  of as a peer.

  The word peer implies equals, as it has so long been repeated.

  If provider X is missing 0.01% of the market share, and provider Y
  is missing 20% of the market share, who will be more upset, I
  ask..

  -alan

--
Alan Hannan