Should NSF declare victory and leave?

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Tue Oct 29 14:07:35 UTC 1996

What if the watchdog of the US IP NIC was the members?  Obviously the IANA
is still in control, to some extent, of allocation policies, but if the
providers were members and had some control over the operations, mightn't it
be worth a few K / year?

It'd also encourage people to get address space from their providers unless
they're SURE they really need separate space.

Of course, I argues vehemently against the $10k/year CIX "tax", and this
would be a "tax" of sorts.

Perhaps there's a better forum than the nanog list for discussion of this -
perhaps a BOF at the next NANOG meeting would be better.

Avi