Airplane crashing into Atlanta-NAP

Todd Graham Lewis lists at reflections.mindspring.com
Mon Oct 28 17:53:57 UTC 1996

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Michael Dillon wrote:

> The only joke here is that some people think that the Internet exchange in
> a city the size and importance of Atlanta can be adequately housed on the
> 5th story of an office building.
>
> I could understand it if Atlanta had 20 or 30 exchange points, but when
> there is only one exchange the city deserves better than a mickey-mouse
> 5th floor operation.

If anyone is interested in setting up an alternative Atlanta NAP, I have
a very spacious first-floor apartment which I am more than happy to
volunteer to the effort.  It's even somewhat sunk below ground level, and
I think my neighbors wouldn't mind the occassional running of a generator.

I've already got 10MB/s, which puts the Northside-Circle-NAP on par with
MAE-NY, right?

499 Northside Circle
Apt 414
Atlanta, GA

Colo space is $49/month for the kitchen, $69 for the living room.  In
light of the objections raised by Mr. Dillon, upstairs space (aka.,
"Todd's Bedroom") is cheaper at $29, and the shower can be yours for a
mere $19.95 per month!

Initial incoming bandwidth is 128k, meaning we're already faster than the
orig. NSF backbone!

Sign up now, space is very limited.

As for geographical diversity, a fellow engineer who lives about a
quarter-mile down the road just said he, too, has free rack space with a
similar setup.  However, since his is a second-floor apartment, he's
going to undercut my pricing.  Bastard!

__
Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering
Mindspring Enterprises  tlewis at mindspring.com   (800) 719 4664, x2804