Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

Jian Li jli at hq.si.net
Mon Oct 28 17:07:06 UTC 1996

> Yes it is already changing.  But as far as I can see, Global
> SprintLink represents the old US-centric model: GSL is the
> international arm of SprintLink and essentially sells bandwidth
> into the States.  C&W is setting itself up as a global backbone
> provider.

GSL offers both IPL and POP accesses, and participates local-exchange
within country/reginal POPs. US-centric model is juct matter of economy
and tariff between countries. If someone is willing to pay more to run a DS-3
from Taiwan to Japan instead, I am sure there is no reason for GSL to reject
the order.

	- jian