Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

Christian Nielsen cnielsen at vii.com
Mon Oct 28 15:11:08 UTC 1996

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> http://www.ibm.com/globalnetwork/inetbbon.htm
>
> Probably the best kept secret in the Internet world.

	I just looked at IBMs page and see it as a step foward in peering. They
seem to understand that local traffic needs to stay local. Quoting their page,

"Within the coming months, we will develop peering with providers in additional
countries in order to minimize traffic backhaul between the United States and
those countries -- as well as among the countries themselves."

Now if others would join in, by keep local traffic local, pick up their
network traffic at more points, and be at more peering points, I believe that
the network will become better in time.

I think that it is great that Netrail is opening up a new nap in Atlanta. There
should be a nap in every major city in the US and world wide...

Back to work now.

Christian