Root-64 Weekly Status Report (fwd)

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sun Oct 27 18:15:07 UTC 1996

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Dorian R. Kim wrote:

> > What happens when other employees of your company read some of the
> > material Jim Fleming has written and believe that this is an official
> > new way to deal with Internet domain names?
>
> They will be referred to more suitable educational material.

It would sure be nice if there was some suitable educational material
generally available. I've been contacted several times by reporters over
this issue and the best I can do is to point out that this is not as
simple as the Alternic/Route64 people make it seem and to point them to my
TLD resources page at http://www.memra.com/ndbg.html for background
material and let them draw their own conclusions.

If the members of this list generally support what ISOC and IANA are doing
with the IAHC it may be a good idea to get your PR departments to issue a
press release indicating that support. Right now a lot of the press has
this mistaken idea that the industry supports Alternic/Route64 while the
IANA/ISOC/IAHC efforts are way out in ivory tower left field somewhere.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049