Root-64 Weekly Status Report (fwd)

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sat Oct 26 21:14:58 UTC 1996

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> This is entirely bogus and without truth or value.

Paul, this is most decidely *NOT* entirely bogus and without truth or
value. First of all these people *ARE* all working together on a more or
less common project. They are serious, some are smooth talkers and they
intend to make waves. Whether or not this is a good idea or has a hope of
succeeding in the long run is not relevant. It can cause a lot of chaos
before the rest of the world realizes it won't work.

And much as I disagree with the goals and methods of this group, I have to
admit that there is some value in the shared registry software and
protocols they are developping and testing.

This is why I don't think it is wise to ignore them any more.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049