Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

Jim Dixon jdd at vbc.net
Fri Oct 25 20:37:48 UTC 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996 alex at relcom.eu.net wrote:

> >   We peer with 30 other networks at the LINX in London, including GSL
> >   (Sprintlink), Pipex (uu.net), and EUnet GB (AKA PSI).  If you watch the

> There is interesting question - does SprintLink use this peering
> for the traffic _from USA_ to _you_, or for it's UK  customers only?

It appears that GSL announces all of their _European_ routes to us,
but we don't see any US SprintLink routes.  (Or Asian routes, as I
recall.)

> We have one example - there is Relcom there, and we are presented on
> our M9-IX exchange point. New provider (small-small there, XXX Global
> Networks, the Russian branch) asks us to make peering with them.
> We asked - if this allow us to get traffic _from_ and _to_ XXX Global
> via this link - _no, this will be peering with russian branch only_ was
> the answer. Guess what have we answered? /it's not important what really XXX was/

;-)

--
Jim Dixon              VBCnet GB Ltd +44 117 929 1316  fax +44 117 927 2015
http://www.uk.vbc.net  VBCnet West   +1  408 971 2682  fax +1  408 971 2684