Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

Robert E. Seastrom rs at bifrost.seastrom.com
Fri Oct 25 19:36:18 UTC 1996

   From: Jim Dixon <jdd at vbc.net>

   To my way of thinking, content providers are net producers of 'benefit'
   and say dial-up users are consumers.  We adjust our prices to reflect
   this: if you buy a leased line from us to run a Web server, we charge
   you less; if you are a dial-up provider, we charge you more.

   Most end users would agree with this model.  They pay their 10 quid /
   15 bucks a month so that they can surf the Web.  They don't expect the
   Net to pay them ;-)

So basically what you're saying here is that your ISP should be paying
you to connect to your web servers, and they will pass the charges on
downstream to their customers?

                                        ---Rob