Inter-provider relations

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri Oct 25 17:21:05 UTC 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Peter Kline wrote:

Peter Kline explains how the comments by JD Falk were made completely out
of context and were from a private conversation by two individuals who do
not appear to get along with each other.

IMHO Peter gives far more graphic detail than neccessary. It would have
been sufficient to note that the conversation between Ron and Peter was
private and that Peter felt he was being unjustly attacked by Ron.

> In light of Ron's comment to me, I think it would be in the best interest of
> AGIS's customers to email or call Mr. Ron Burleson of CAIS/CGX (email
> address conveniently cc'd above by JDF) and ask him how he intends to fuck
> AGIS (by SYN flooding or other denial of service attack, physically damaging
> colocates, or what).

Now Peter goes one step further and because of the fact that he had an
unpleasant conversation with a competitor he suggests that the competitor
may be planning criminal acts. However Peter shows no evidence why he
would think that way except for the fact that he personally dislikes the
president of this competing company.

Naughty boy.

> When he doesn't respond, bury his office with calls
> and mail, or even better, track him down at IETF or the next NANOG, get him
> into a corner, and demand to know why he didn't return your calls and mail.

Just because there are a few people out there who cannot behave civilly is
no cause for you to sink to their level and certainly no cause for you to
suggest that everybody else sink to their level.

In the end all this talk is meaningless and only time will tell whether
any provider gets squashed like a bug. Big and little really don't matter
that much. In the world of business it is not unheard of for a small
company to take over controlling interest in a larger competitor.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049