Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Fri Oct 25 00:00:32 UTC 1996

> On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Gordon Cook wrote:
>
> > them.   Gee. I wonder if BBN realizes that AGIS has relegated it to second
> > rank status?
>
> Well of course they have. According to the peering policy announced today
> BBN wouldn't qualify as a new AGIS peer. (Neither would UUnet, PSI, or
> ANS.)
>
> -BD
>
> P.S. - At least AGIS came out and said what the deal is. That is
> commendable.

Any provider that does not recognize the value of bilateral, no-settlement
peering anywhere that its cost-effective for both parties (ie: if you have
traffic destined for me, get it on MY network where I'm being paid to
carry it and let ME figure the rest out!) deserves what they get.

Their customers are the ones who should start doing that educating.

By moving to someone else.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 23 Analog Prefixes, 13 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal