Inter-provider relations

Robert Bowman rob at elite.exodus.net
Thu Oct 24 20:49:59 UTC 1996

Not that I agree at all with AGIS's new stance on peering and market domination
but we have to understand that the "friendly" Internet has long since past.
Every major provider now has very strict provisions for peering.  These
are obviously in their best interests for whatever reasons.

Frankly, I'd rather have straight-forward peering requirements and policies
than CAIS's lack of policy and cooperation.  We made an initial peering
request with CAIS, who is only on mae-east to the best of my knowledge,
almost 3 months ago.  No peering has yet been established, nor has any
contract been received.  Until CAIS gets their act together with new peerings
I think it is rather hypocritical to be attacking AGIS for at least having
a policy with the same end result as yours.

Robert Bowman
Exodus Communications Inc.