[fwd] Rats take down Stanford ...

Patrick J. Chicas pjc at off-road.com
Wed Oct 23 22:51:56 UTC 1996

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> >Second, test redundant systems through to resumption of normal operations.
> >In this case, the operators had tested to ensure that the redundant systems
> >would come online in the event of a failure of the primary system.  They had
> >not tested to see what would happen when the primary system was restored to
> >normal operation.
> >
> >Who would have even thought about it?  I confess that I would not have.
> >
> >William Hugh Murray, New Canaan, Connecticut

Greetings,

As a rule we exercise our generator under load every Thursday at 1000hrs.
I would like to do this monthly but, the automatic exercise mechanism
cannot deal with 30 day intervals. In addition, once every 6 months, we
simulate a power outage by switching off and on the main breaker at the
service entrance durig a traffic lull period.

Cheers

 Patrick J. Chicas
 Email: pjc at unix.off-road.com
 The Off-Road Center of The 'Net!