a multihomed net

Miguel A.L. Paraz map at iphil.net
Wed Oct 23 14:22:30 UTC 1996

Hi,

Paul A Vixie wrote:

> So don't let's talk any longer about multihoming requiring PI space.
> I did this whole thing with an almost-stock BSD/OS 2.1 system (other than
> the "socket" command which is off the net from way back.)

Yeah, application-level multihoming is great, considering most folks only
need a couple of applications.  :)  Also, it is very applicable for
our part of the world, where bandwidth costs are humongous, and BGP-
capable routers come at inflated prices.

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map at iphil.net>  http://www.iphil.net/~map/  PGP: 0x43F0D011
iphil communications:  isp/intranet design and implementation, makati city, ph