You are right [was Re: Ungodly packet loss rates]

alex at relcom.eu.net alex at relcom.eu.net
Wed Oct 23 10:23:15 UTC 1996

>   Another  pragmatic solution is to call the editors of comm week, network
>   world, data communications and suggest that they might get a lot of
>   mileage writing a story comparing and contrasting the performance of
>   ISPs.  They do this for routers, bridges, FR services so they can
>   probably find a respectable consulting/measurement group to  collect
Yes, they do. It would be better (sometimes) if they did not -:)

When I read their comparations I sometimes think to drom all my hardware
(BAD in terms of this magasines) and bue new one (Bay Networks as BB routers,
FORE ATM as ATM
, etc...). Through it's strange idea (for example) to compare
hight-end Bay router with CS7200 (middle-range router), or to
compare middle-range Lt1010 with Cascade back-bone ATM switchs.
And I am afraid thy would use the same technik for ISP comparation.

But anyway it's interesting idea...

---
Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)