GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

Jim Dixon jdd at vbc.net
Mon Oct 21 15:26:16 UTC 1996

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Alexis Rosen wrote:

> There's another better solution. It would take a little bit more work but
> it would be infinitely more useful: Build an ISA card that looks like an
> MDA adapter, but which sends output to a VT100. (A simple algorithm will
> produce good results here even when the cursor jumps all over the place.)
> You also need a gizmo (one exists alread) that makes serial input look like
> PC keyboard scan codes. And lastly, you need to special-case a long-break
> so that it causes the ISA card to reset the machine.

We have been looking for something like this for a while; if no one
else has such a product, we will make it ourselves.

> it, as would the millions of poor souls who run Novell, SCO, etc.) I'd
> buy fifty of them at $100 apiece, and at that price you'd probably see

OK, we will consider this an order.  ;-)

--
Jim Dixon              VBCnet GB Ltd +44 117 929 1316  fax +44 117 927 2015
http://www.uk.vbc.net  VBCnet West   +1  408 971 2682  fax +1  408 971 2684