GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

John G. Scudder jgs at ieng.com
Mon Oct 21 14:03:37 UTC 1996

I'd really like to see this move to gated-people at gated.org or something
since I think it's gotten kind of off-topic, but there were a few comments
recently that seemed to call for a reply...

At 9:13 AM -0400 10/21/96, Avi Freedman wrote:
>Does it have AS-Path padding?  I know some (hi Peter) think it's evil,
>but many use it...

Note that we have added all of this stuff to Ascend's (Netstar's) GateD.
As Sue Hares pointed out in an earlier message, these features will
eventually be folded back into the public GateD release.

Regards,

--John

John Scudder                        email:  jgs at ieng.com
Internet Engineering Group, LLC     phone:  (313) 669-8800
122 S. Main, Suite 280              fax:    (313) 669-8661
Ann Arbor, MI  41804                www:    http://www.ieng.com