Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

Curtis Villamizar curtis at ans.net
Mon Oct 21 13:50:58 UTC 1996

In message <2.2c.32.19961018151141.0075f550 at sc-mail1.corpwest.baynetworks.com>,
 Michael Fox writes:

> >I would definately ask my router vendor hard questions about
> >how quickly a fix will be released assuming I have a "network down"
> >condition.
>
> Bay generally releases fixes every few weeks.  For a "network down"
> situation, if releasing a workspace immediately is the right thing to do,
> then that's what we do.  Who makes the call?  The customer, after receiving
> input from the Bay engineering team.
>
> Michael

Michael, Jeremy,

As a customer of Bay (maybe an atypical one), I'll vouch for Michael's
statement.  We're atypical in that we've served as the primary beta
site for the ISP version of their code.

I can't complain about Cisco support either.  Both vendors have been
willing to dedicate whatever resources they have available to fix
things when a problem required immediate action.

Curtis