GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

Dorian R. Kim dorian at cic.net
Mon Oct 21 11:37:44 UTC 1996

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996 alex at relcom.eu.net wrote:

> >   To the argument that Cisco IOS is inherently easier or harder to configure
>                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -:)
> This is a joke... there is nothing more complex and orderless than
> IOS's config -:)

This whole ease of config, IOS vs. gated is silly. Reminds me alot of an
argument folks had long ago.. something about German not suitable to write
opera in, and Italian being the language to do it in. Since then I've heard
plenty of good German operas, and even couple of decent English operas.

If we are going to argue, then let's talk about functionalities of various
implementations and then take it to respective developers of your favorite
implementation so that all our tools are better.

-dorian