Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

Jon Green jon at netins.net
Sat Oct 19 13:09:28 UTC 1996

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:43:01 -0400, jburgan at baynetworks.com writes:

>> It takes an Act of God to get Bay to release a fix - but it works when
>> they release it, and it works in the next full release too.
>
>Well, not wanting to speak for God but....
>
>Where ISP's are concerned, most have my email address and we do try to
>respond quickly when we hear about a problem (whether it be a bug or
>needed feature). As always, there's more work to do ;-)
>
>Jeff
>
>P.S. We do appreciate the kind words about the quality of the code.

I can vouch for Jeff on that.  He and Marten Terpstra have heard from
me more than they would probably like to over the last month.  Jeff
even called me on a Saturday morning to talk about some problems we
were having and help me get them fixed.

As ISPs, I think we are all fortunate in that the router vendors realize
there's LOTS of money to be made in Internet.  I would imagine that
most router vendors are this responsive to their ISP customers.  If they
aren't, they probably won't have those customers for long.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *   Wide-Area Networking Technician   *
   *     jon at netINS.net         *   Iowa Network Services, Inc.        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *   312 8th Street, Suite 730           *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" *   Des Moines, IA 50309                 *