sprint and multihoming

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Thu Oct 17 14:05:07 UTC 1996

> From: randy at psg.com (Randy Bush)
> Some weeks back, I whined about SprintLink's policies and implementation in
> respect to multi-homing.  They did not leak the multi-homer's more specific
> prefix outside of SprintLink.  Nor did they accept the longer prefix from
> outside, hence traffic from SL customers would die when the MHed site's SL
> link was down.

Me, too....

> I just wanted to publicly thank SprintLink, and Hank Kilmer and his team in
> particular, for fixing this.  IMIHO, this makes SprintLink a reasonable
> choice for a provider if you intend to multi-home.

Hmmm, well, as I reported here earlier, we already changed our ISP
contract away from Sprint.  But, for my clients, based on your
representation that it is finally working, I suppose that I might be
willing to at least allow Sprint in future multi-home bids, as long as
the contract specifically requires Sprint to be on better behaviour.

Thanks for the update, Randy!

WSimpson at UMich.edu
BSimpson at MorningStar.com