generators, etc....

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Mon Oct 14 17:14:15 UTC 1996

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Steve Norton wrote:

> but MFS actually quoted their Operations procedure AP2402, which says:

> Apparently this is copied from AT&T PUB 62411.  Cisco gives me the mushroom
> treatment, but assuming they shoot for something like 99.992% uptime, a
> simple DS3 Internet connection could have no better than 99.98% reliability.
> Does anyone even come close to this number?  With all of the ATM deployed
> recently, I cant imagine any ISP even comes close.

More importantly, does any NSP or ISP even strive for these kinds of
figures? Do they have manuals which define the quality levels for
different types of service? Do they pressure their equipment suppliers to
provide features which enable this kind of service quality level?

Are any NSP's or ISP's using an ISO 9000 type quality program in their
company?

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049