CIX Filtering...

Ehud Gavron GAVRON at ACES.COM
Mon Oct 14 04:00:52 UTC 1996

>Does anyone remember when the CIX proposed to filter networks of
>customers of CIX members which were not themselves CIX members?  Was
>it as early as 1995?

	Actually it was November of 1994.

	Ehud

>(We are trying to review a paper on Internet exchanges.  It seems
>ironic that this effort by the CIX to restrict traffic was rendered
>ineffective by the same technique the CIX used to overcome the
>impediments created by the NSFNET AUP, namely alternative paths for
>"unacceptable" traffic.)

	Actually it was the CIX' hubris in thinking their interconnect
	to be of a value higher than all of its member networks.  SPRINTLINK
	(Bob Collette) quickly indicated they would route around the CIX,
	and that made the whole issue moot.  (or "academic" if you're in
	the real world.)