BBN outage

Eric Kozowski kozowski at structured.net
Sat Oct 12 03:19:10 UTC 1996

>This reminds me of a passage from Bruce Sterling's _The Hacker Crackdown_.
>
>    Parked outside the back is a power-generation truck. The generator
>    strikes me as rather anomalous. Don't they already have their own
>    generators in this eight-story monster? Then the suspicion strikes
>    me that NYNEX must have heard of the September 17 AT&T
>    power-outage which crashed New York City. Belt-and-suspenders,
>    this generator. Very telco.
>
>michael

The Portland, OR AT&T POP has _two_ trailer (40') mounted generators in
the parking lot, in addition to a fixed mount generator.  Typically,
generators that large are in the 2000-5000kw capacity.

--
Eric Kozowski              Senior Network Engineer
eric at structured.net        Structured Network Systems, Inc.