BBN outage

Matthew Kaufman matthew at scruz.net
Fri Oct 11 22:34:24 UTC 1996

Most of the SF Bay Area portion of BBN Planet's network has been offline
since late last night. I've finally heard, via a friend who is a major
customer of theirs, that they are having power problems in Palo Alto.

Now, I haven't heard a peep about this on any of the mailing lists I'm on...
and since knowing about BIG outages like this would make it easier for
me to answer my customer's questions... am I missing something?

Is there a mailing list that I should be on? Or is this just a private
BBN issue that I'd need to call their ops center people about (people who
I'm sure are very very busy without small network operators calling them)

-matthew kaufman
 matthew at scruz.net