Creating exchanges

Christian Nielsen cnielsen at vii.com
Fri Oct 11 21:09:41 UTC 1996

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Robert Mathews-ICICX wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Ran Atkinson wrote:

> > 	This is another reason to use Guam for an interconnect.  Guam is part
> > of the USA and so telecommunications is already deregulated.  (A side benefit
> > for US citizens living on Guam is that Guam is the only place in the universe
> > where one's income is not subject to US Federal Income Tax, go figure :-).

> Hello Fellow Electronic Colleagues:
>       <looking around a room> Can anyone say Hawaii?  :)

	This is what we need from NANOG. More interconnects around the US. And
maybe there should be a WNOG (world) :) To help get things running around the
world. I recieved an email from a company in Switzerland and they say they are
paying about 1,000,000 ($US) for their 'two' T1s to the internet per year. If
there are more open exchange points, less hops to get somewhere, the net might
become nicer. (no I don't mean using ATM to make it look like less hops.)

Christian