MAE-East - 30%

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Wed Oct 9 21:08:03 UTC 1996

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Deepak Jain wrote:

> I am not even touching the Mae-East at 30% fantasy. All I know is that the
> UUNet <--> Sprint OC3 private connect at Tysons Corner is at better than
> 24Mbits average and mostly limited to router CPU problems.

Isn't this the reason that MAE-East is at 30%, i.e. there are now many
private interconnects between tier 1 NSP's to offload traffic from major
exchanges like MAE-East?

Not to mention that MAE-East is no longer the only major interconnect, a
fact that seems to be taking some time to work it's way into
net.mythology.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049