TCP SYN attacks

Dima Volodin dvv at sprint.net
Thu Oct 3 20:32:41 UTC 1996

Any data on how the firewall itself withstands SYN attacks? How much
resources are needed to cope with a real attack? From what I've read in
their white paper it's just a piece of SYN-processing code that was
duplicated (functionally) in the gateway, so all concerns about resource
usage and speed seem to be still valid.

Dima