New Denial of Service Attack on Panix

Dima Volodin dvv at sprint.net
Thu Oct 3 18:33:47 UTC 1996

But of course. The problem is that SYN_RCVD is a transient state in the
TCP automaton, and it requires some resources allocation. The life
might have been a little bit different if servers weren't forced
to track this state. Something like a signed ticket accompanying the
second SYN and the following ACK.

Dima