JVNC and CIX

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Oct 3 16:38:04 UTC 1996

FWIW, CIX allows its point to point members (such as JVNC who has a T1)
to have the association filter incoming routes.  Most point to point
members do not take advantage of this service, since they can filter on
their end and have more fine grained control over the results.  JVNC's
voluntary filtering is:

	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _46$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _97$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _262$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _263$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _1250$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _2697$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _3132$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _4628$
	ip as-path access-list 6 permit _4629$

Note, though, that at the moment JVNC is sending CIX precisely _no_ routes.
Whether this is a coincidence or is related to Petach's complaints, I do
not know.  When I see routes from them again, I'll hand verify several of
them and if they are still doing "the bad thing" to Petach et al, I'll see
if I can get JVNC to tighten down the filters on their side.