GES (jvnc.net) as the purveyor of bad routing advertisements

Tim Salo salo at msc.edu
Thu Oct 3 15:26:38 UTC 1996

> Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 20:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Gordon Cook <cook at netaxs.com>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: GES (jvnc.net) as the purveyor of bad routing advertisements
> 	[...]
> I believe that there is ample evidence that the folk at Princeton have to
> be very aware of the nature of their provider. Yet I have seen no signs
> that Princeton is ready to pull up its stakes.
> 	[...]

This begs the question of, if Princeton did "pull up its stakes,"
where it would replant them.

o	How should Princeton, for example, measure the "quality" of
	its NSP?  How can Princeton be assured that another NSP would
	be "better?"

o	Do you have any measurements which provide an indication of
	the relative quality of the major NSPs?

o	Do you have a ranking of the quality of the major NSPs based on,
	(in the absence of quantitative evidence), informal evidence?

o	Do you think the work of the IPPM group is likely to help?
	Why or why not?

-tjs