Fixing "clueless ISPs" etc etc etc, typical NANOG topic answered decisively

Eric D. Madison madison at acsi.net
Thu Oct 3 13:44:06 UTC 1996

Novell Internet Professional... hmmmm this from a company that didn't even
offer a TCP/IP stack for Netware until everyone else had one first.

Microsoft "integrating" .. why does that sound so familiar but very scary
at the same time. :)

Netscape has more of a chance at getting "market share" on training, but
why should a software company give Internet training?  What are they going
to train you to do, use a Browser or ftp? *laugh*

If someone wants to offer real Internet training, why not teach the
fundamentals of TCP/IP over WAN Protocols and routing.  Desktop TCP/IP
training can be put on a $19.95 video tape seminar.

Eric

On 3 Oct 1996, Sean Doran wrote:

> I thought this would bring a bright moment to everyone's Thursday.
>
> 	Sean.

> From: James Chellis <jchellis at well.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.internet.guru
> Subject: Internet Certification
> Date: 2 Oct 1996 05:19:04 GMT
>
> Microsoft and Novell recently began looking into
> certification for Internet expertise. Microsoft decided to
> integrate material related to the Internet into existing
> MCP programs. Novell took a different approach; they
> created a new certification called the Novell Internet
> Professional.
>
> Do you see a value in Internet certification? Would you
> want to be certified in this area? What should the subject
> matter focus upon (since the Internet is so vast and
> quickly changing)? Are Microsoft, Novell,and Netscape the
> right companies to do this, or would a more neutral
> third party be more appropriate?
>
> Just a few questions I'm curious about. Please feel free to

      Eric D. Madison - Senior Network Engineer -
 ACSI - Advanced Data Services - ATM/IP Backbone Group
   24 Hour NMC/NOC (800)291-7889 Email: noc at acsi.net