Fixing "clueless ISPs" etc etc etc, typical NANOG topic answered decisively

Sean Doran smd at cesium.clock.org
Thu Oct 3 13:06:28 UTC 1996

I thought this would bring a bright moment to everyone's Thursday.

	Sean.

From: James Chellis <jchellis at well.com>
Newsgroups: alt.internet.guru
Subject: Internet Certification
Date: 2 Oct 1996 05:19:04 GMT

Microsoft and Novell recently began looking into
certification for Internet expertise. Microsoft decided to
integrate material related to the Internet into existing
MCP programs. Novell took a different approach; they
created a new certification called the Novell Internet
Professional.

Do you see a value in Internet certification? Would you
want to be certified in this area? What should the subject
matter focus upon (since the Internet is so vast and
quickly changing)? Are Microsoft, Novell,and Netscape the
right companies to do this, or would a more neutral
third party be more appropriate?

Just a few questions I'm curious about. Please feel free to