Mapping IP -> ASN

Dun Liu dunl at merit.edu
Fri Nov 15 19:32:26 UTC 1996

You can look at Internet routing table collected by Merit.
("http://compute.merit.edu/stats/mae-east/routing-table/"). But the table
may mislead you to a wrong ASN if the IP address is an inet-rtr. My
suggestion is consulting the table first, and if you think that one IP
might be a inet-rtr, consulting IRR using "whois -h whois.ra.net
'address'".

Dun