Wake Up! (was: spamspamspam)

Joe Rhett joe at Navigist.Com
Wed Nov 13 03:44:59 UTC 1996

> 	So, as a "responsible" ISP, you advocate denial of service attacks?
> 	You are either incredibly naive or intensely stupid to advocate
> 	that position.  Is that how you want people to deal with you when
		..		...		..		..
> 	have wiped the abuser out of your system.  But in the event someone
> 	decides to mail the source to Linux 1000 times to your server,
> 	copying abuse, root, postmaster, and support, they kill off your
> 	entire site, denying thousands of innocent users Internet access.
> 	The number of hours I have wasted over the past four years chasing
> 	down hackers and mail bombers has been a real pain.  I have ZERO
> 	tolerance for this behavior.

If your systems are so badly configured that a mail bomb attack denies
your users access, then you don't qualify as a "responsible ISP"
yourself. In fact, you qualify under both "naive" and "intensely
stupid".

I don't agree with mailbombing, but it sounds like you are ripping your
clients off, since you obviously don't know to configure a system.